Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

Maya is enticing me, O my Mother

kwnVw mhlw 5 ]
kaanarraa mehalaa 5 ||
Kaanraa, Fifth Mehl:

hIey ko pRIqmu ibsir n jwie ]
heeeae ko preetham bisar n jaae ||
I pray that my heart may never forget my Beloved.

qn mn glq Bey iqh sMgy mohnI moih rhI morI mwie ]1] rhwau ]
than man galath bheae thih sa(n)gae mohanee mohi rehee moree maae ||1|| rehaao ||
My body and mind are blended with Him, but the Enticer, Maya, is enticing me, O my mother. ||1||Pause||

jY jY pih khau ibRQw hau ApunI qyaU qyaU ghy rhy Atkwie ]
jai jai pehi keho brithhaa ho apunee thaeoo thaeoo gehae rehae attakaae ||
Those unto whom I tell my pain and frustration - they themselves are caught and stuck.

Aink BWiq kI eykY jwlI qw kI gMiT nhI Corwie ]1]
anik bhaa(n)th kee eaekai jaalee thaa kee ga(n)t(h) nehee shhoraae ||1||
In all sorts of ways, Maya has cast the net; the knots cannot be loosened. ||1||.

iPrq iPrq nwnk dwsu AwieE sMqn hI srnwie ]
firath firath naanak dhaas aaeiou sa(n)than hee saranaae ||
Wandering and roaming, slave Nanak has come to the Sanctuary of the Saints.

kwty AigAwn Brm moh mwieAw lIE kMiT lgwie ]2]4]23]
kaattae agiaan bharam moh maaeiaa leeou ka(n)t(h) lagaae ||2||4||23||
The bonds of ignorance, doubt, emotional attachment and the love of Maya have been cut; God hugs me close in His Embrace. ||2||4||23||








Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?