Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

A little about me...something i posted at sikhsangat a year ago

post was made on September 6 2004

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!Well lets start from the beginning….I’m not writing an essay here so it won’t look like one but I will write about how sikhi has changed me. I grew up in the Caribbean with little or no interest in spirituality….my family however are hardcore Radhasoamis….so I use to go to the satsangs a lot but I still preferred doing the things other kids like doing….then when I came to Canada , its like hell broke loose….I started drinking, smoking ….messing around a lot…..enjoying the popularity I received in school here…..i however in me had this urge to find out more about sikhi which I did…..but I never really thought much about it…I was with that mentality that after I marry and have a career then I will get more into religion and none of the people around me didn’t seem to have any thoughts about god etc…so we all were lost……anyways I will skip all the factors since I’m suppose to write on how sikhi changed me……one night at the school pub I behaved so stupid..i was so drunk..three fights, I embarrassed my friends….I nearly got arrested …OCT 31ST….I can never forget it……however the next morning when I woke up feeling like ……something miraculously strange happened…don’t think I should talk about that……. and then I had a gurbani tape by Bhai Harbans Singh…(Guruji menu na bisro ).someone gave it to me…can’t remember who…but I played it and it touched me so much and from that day I was like I’m stopping all these things and by Guruji’s grace I did….however a past couple of months ago I came under family pressure and trimmed my beard….and that’s when I felt like crapeven though I’ve lived most of my life without the Roop given to us by guruji…..when I trimmed my beard I felt sooooo weird…..i felt so out of confidence…..now it has grown back….but the bottomline is that sikhi is great…our gurus are great and now I can’t seem to live without being a sikh…though family is against it…..it really doesn’t matter to me anymore…….im gonna give my HEAD one day….just hope guruji blesses me with Amrit in this birth……oh yeah and I must thank Mehtab Singh ji ….he’s been a big inspiration for me…..even before he became a Singh…and all these other Singhs and Singhnis on Sikhsangat…….thanks all of u……waheguruu...thanks to guruji....i know whats the real meaning of life now....sorry i wrote this in a hurry...plz forgive the mistakes
Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

* I was later blessed with Amrit on December 18th 2004

Comments:
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
I admire your Courage.Keep it up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?